Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Salma Hayek Wears Alexander McQueen on InStyle

Salma Hayek Pinault is certainly living the dream life. Not only does the 43-year-old mother of 2-year-old Valentina have a body most twentysomethings crave, but she's also married to one of the most powerful men in fashion, Francois-Henri Pinault, the CEO of PPR. Fortunately, for those of us wanting to live vicariously, Hayek Pinault (yes, that's her new moniker) is opening up about her real-life fashion fairy tale in InStyle's June issue, which hits newsstands May 21. On the cover of the glossy, Hayek Pinault dons one of the iconic snakeskin print dresses from the late Alexander McQueen's Spring 2010 collection (PPR owns 50 percent of McQueen through its Gucci Group subsidiary). Oddly enough, she wore an identical dress at Vanity Fair's famed Oscar Party in March. We guess even fashion royalty (through marriage) can't say no to doubling up on a great garment.


The Mexican-born actress, who also shines inside the magazine in a curve-hugging purple evening gown, explains why she recently decided to tag her husband's last name onto her own.

Salma stuns in a form-fitting magenta gown. Photographed for InStyle by David Slijper"It was Valentina's request," Hayek Pinault explains. "I didn't think about it until she brought it up. We were shooting a film, and she saw my chair with my name on it. She said, 'What does it say there?' And I said, 'Salma Hayek.' And she said, 'What about Pinault? Why not Pinault?' Because here people say 'Madame Pinault.' "I said to myself, 'This is who I am now. I'm starting a whole new life. I've never been happier. Why shouldn't I share it with the people who have been supporting me my whole career, who have been with me since the beginning?' I'm a private person, but I should let them in on the fact that I'm a different person, and a better person. It's a new life." And, with a closet full of YSL, Gucci, Balenciaga, and McQueen, a much more fashionable one at that.To read more about the actress, pick up the new issue of InStyle this Friday.In other magazine news, Megan Fox is baring her unibrow in Allure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment